simply vintage

Saturday, January 22, 2011

WW II

Good morning! I wanted to share a wonderful message I received this morning from a Michele Overton.

"My dad was in ww2 as was my uncle, who was on the same ship as my dad which is how my dad met my mom. For the last ten years of my fathers life he lived at the Veterans Home in Yountville, Ca. That's the Napa Valley and its breathtakingly beautiful out there. At the Veterans Home I met some amazing women who were WACS. These women were so tough! Yet they always had their earrings on just to run a quick errand. We are about to lose this whole generation of fabulous women and I just dont know if we, or any generation after us can fill their glorious shoes. I love that you have made art that reflects that spirit! Take good care, Michele"
*Simply Vintage by Santanarose*

No comments:

Post a Comment